So, I started out making the Crocodile Stitch Shawl, then I changed my mind, so now it’s going to be more of a triangle I can wear in my hair to keep it out of my face, like a handkerchief permanently folded in half. I will probably eventually try making the shawl again, but I realized that I needed to use a much lighter yarn, something more towards lace weight or fingering.
Instead, I’m jumping off the end of the dock and trying out my own thing. I’ve started at the bottom of the cape and I’ve set aside one and a half skeins to do a dragon scale trim along the edge once I finish the actual bulk of the cape.
I originally wanted to do the scales all the way up the whole cape, but realized that it was going to be way shorter than I wanted if I did that, so I followed the general pattern from the cowl and hood. So, as you can see I have some of the crocodile stitch along the bottom (7 rows total) and then several rows of straight double crochet done through the backloops after the initial row.
I’m not sure I’ll finish it in time for Halloween since I only have a few days left, but I’m going to try. It’s definitely not going to be a full length cape. I’m hoping that it’ll come close to my waist at least, so it’ll be more of a capelet.